1. First of all: Who of us likes to be asked if we are anorexic. Correct. None! Once and for all: I’m not anorexic, will never be and enjoy eating probably as much as you do.
2. You don’t find clothes that fit: Seriously, I went shopping yesterday to get a new winter coat. Entered the first store and found only sizes from 36 to 44 and a lonely 48. Ok, next store: same problem. In the end I walked trough the whole town without finding a decent coat in my size. In the last store – finally – I found a really nice jacket. It’s light grey, looks good on me, has a nice hood, is the perfect length AND size 34.
As you can see it’s not easy find clothes for XS girls. Unfortunately.
3. Getting stared at while eating fast food/anything “unhealthy”. Is it that weird seeing a skinny girl eat a burger or do I have ketchup on my face?
4. Getting overlooked: Okay. I’m skinny AND tiny. No need to look somewhere over my head and not even notice I’m there. It gets tiring after a while.
5. Wearing watches looks weird: You see, if one is skinny, their arms tend to be very thin as well. And then wearing a wristwatch? Nope. Looks very weird. The watch will automatically look very massive.
6. Getting cold easily: In summer being skinny is fabulous! No sweating at all. But in winter? Non-stop shivering. Why? Well, the bigger your surface is, compared to your volume, the more heat you emit. And the other way ’round. Which is very helpful in summer but not really handy in winter. The only way to prevent freezing to death: Many layers of pullovers and scarfs and gloves.
7. Constant hunger: At least that’s the way it is for me. I am always hungry. I think. At least in the past I was always hungry. I discovered that somehow recently my ability to feel hunger just disappeared. Poof! (Is that normal or should I consult a doctor?) Nowadays my stomach will just start growling like a very angry wolf and I’ll be thinking: “Hmm, I should eat something…after I finish studying for *insert a subject*.” On the positive side I could eat all the time. That’s the reason my friends and I will now and then just meet up for tea and a lot of cake.
8. Always getting looked at when the teacher explains how important it is to eat regularly and what to eat to stay healthy. Got it. Eat fruit, vegetables, not too much sweets and a decent amount of meat. …There went my chocolate ice cream.
9. Not being able to gain weight. Like seriously, I literally can’t gain weight. I can eat whatever I want and still not gain a kilo permanently. I’ve tried for years to gain some weight because – let’s face it – I may be small but 43 kilo is certainly not healthy. I should be – considering my 1, 65m – around 50 kilo. Not being able to gain weight might seem like a dream to some but it is a bloody nightmare! I’d probably starve to death within a week should I not be able to eat something.
10. I couldn’t think of a tenth reason to be honest. And these lists always seem to have ten points/items. Maybe I’ll add a tenth reason when one comes to mind. Or do any of you have a suggestion? Just comment below 🙂