Valentine’s day. Such a special occasion to get really cheesy. But stay classy. And please don’t swim with the crowd when it comes to asking your crush out.
I present you 10 interesting and definitely unique or not so unique lines you can use and/or modify:
- Are you made of copper and tellurium? ‘Cause you’re CuTe.(Granted, this might only bring a smile to a science fan. But at least you tried.)
- Want to be the spice to our dinner?(Once again: Cheesy but at least she/he won’t be offended if you DON’T add ” ‘Cause you’re hot!”)
- You’re the cheese to my pizza.(Ok, I’ve never actually heard this one in action but I guess it works as long as she/he is not lactose intolerant.)
- Roses are red, violets are blue, we’re a great set, wanna go to dinner too?(Oh, the poetry. The Roses-are-red-lines can be modified to fit almost anything. As you can see I tried my own at these. I’m really not good with poetry that rhymes…)
- You’re the moon of my life.(Fandoms will save you one day. Believe it or not. There are just so many lines you can use if your intended is a fan too. And you have a conversation topic if the food or movie is awful.)
- My boggart is you declining my invitation to [insert thing you want to go to together].(Once again, fandoms.)
- Let me be your [insert fitting name].(This only works if your crush happens to have a name known in a fandom. For example Ron, thus: Let me be your Hermione.
You get what I mean, don’t you? This also works with historical figures.)
- When I’m with you I don’t want to look at my phone.(Let’s face it. You’re always on your phone. Fiddling with the newest app you found. Or texting away. Which is totally ok as long as it doesn’t happen at work, school or on a date.)
- Hey, [insert name]. Next week/Tomorrow/In x days is Valentine’s day. You know, I like you. Kinda. [<– Or any other awkward but irresistably cute way to profess your like (it’s not love, you fool)] Want to go on a date with me?(Classy and old-fashioned. And it works. For gods sake. It worked for your parents and poof, here you are.)
- ——(Because you think Valentine’s day is stupid and useless and your crush is already in a relationship or you don’t have anyone you’re interested in. Maybe just have a movie night with your friends and plenty of chips and ice cream.)